Journey to Niagara Falls

09/09/2016

Ivy Chatterjee*

I would like to share with you my impressions of a world largest water fall that I visited last summer, which was full of aqua colour and interest: Niagara Falls in Ontario Canada.

As a geography student I am big fan of travelling, especially the famous places, I had always dreamed of seeing the scene in real life. So, when my spouse suggested a visit last year, I jumped at the chance. After a journey of about an hour by Car from our place Toronto, we arrived at Niagara. The falls was mesmerising me, it was dream come true – it was a gallon of water falling and roaring like a thousand lions, and beside the falls, peaceful white of the water lilies and roses to the striking reds and oranges which filled some of the flowerbeds.


Niagara Falls from Canada

Niagara is the border place of USA and Canada. So we enjoyed the views of both, I would say that the horse shoe portion of Niagara falls is largest which is in Canada, however it is more beautiful than USA Niagara but both admired each other. Splashing of water was so high that it was form into cloud as well. It was very lively place to boat ride, walk behind the falls and rope ride. There was a giant capsule wheel. Riding on the giant wheel one could see the over view of Niagara area from high altitude. There were so many shopping malls for exciting shopping and food. My favourite part was boat ride in Niagara River, for this boat ride we were wearing raincoat which was provided by them.

For me, it was like a wonderland of colours and a dream come true after so many years.



*Student, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts

Oberammergau : Where a vow started with a Pandemic and ironically postponed with a Pandemic

The COVID Experience in Qatar

Monsoon Magic….in Debrigarh.. A short Wildlife Photographic travelogue …

A unique tribal group practicing an eco-preserving agro-technique by a women empowered society

Groundwater Depletion in India -Now it’s Time to be Conscious

A Dream Come True: A Journey Through Scotland's Wonders

A Delightful Holiday in Kashmir

A Myth or a Lost River? River Saraswati

Gajan- A Folk Cultural of Rural Bengal

Online Wisdom